Sunday, November 1, 2020

Homemade

A week ago, on one of my off days from work, I decided to make some homemade perogies.  This decision was prompted by the arrival of a perogy mold and dough cutter that I had ordered on line.  I have never made perogies before in the past.  It is a rather time consuming process from start to finish.  The dough has to be mixed, then left to rest for half an hour.  The filling has to be made... I chose to do my favorite, potato and cottage cheese.  Then the dough has to be cut and each individual perogy stuffed with filling.  Then, once slow process is completed and the mess cleaned up, the cooking of the meal can begin.  I never did count exactly how many I made, but it was somewhere around 75.  I made a dinner of boiled perogies, and then pan fried them in butter before serving.  We also had some ham sausage on the side.  It was really good... much better than the mass produced frozen ones you can buy at the grocery store.  But, if I valued my time... even at minimum wage... the homemade ones are a lot more expensive.  We had about 20 or so left over that I set aside and froze for another day.



No comments: