Sunday, November 8, 2020

Small Town Theatre

Thursday was forecast to be the last of the mild days.  I thought I would take advantage of it and attempt to photograph the Theatre in Vegreville.  I had seen it the evening before on our way back in to the city at the end of the Fall Photo Day Trip.  The light was gone and I was unable to photograph it at that time.  On November 5th I headed out.  It was heavily overcast and the light was not great.  The temperature was already on the way down, as the heat wave was coming to an end.  I think it still got up to around +6 that afternoon... not bad for the beginning of November in central Alberta.
I have been working on a project documenting old neon signs.  This is one of the buildings that fits that theme so I wanted to get out and shoot it.  It is unlikely that this sign will disappear in the short term, but you never know.  Many of the signs that I have photographed over the past few years are now gone.  Perhaps there is an opportunity to shoot this one again, in better light, but I took advantage of the mild temperatures and got a couple of shots of it with my view camera.  These are just snapshots taken with my phone.




No comments: