Thursday, November 19, 2020

Easing into Retirement

I'm starting to get used to the idea of being retired.  I still have to work one day per week, until the company shuts down for the Christmas break.  I've chosen to work Tuesdays, and I have four of them left.  Other than that commitment, I'm pretty much retired.
I've certainly been able to keep myself busy, but it is at a much more relaxed pace than I have functioned at in the past.  At the end of the day I look back at what I've accomplished, and it is always something.  But it seems sort of minimal some days, and I recognize that this is all due to the relaxed pace.  I still get up every morning at the same time as I always did and dive into something.  I'm now able to read the morning paper in the morning, rather than the next evening when the news is already old.
I've designed my annual calendar and sent it out for printing.  I entered the InFocus Exhibition this year and sent in four images for consideration.  I've been working on cutting mounts and mats, and dry mounting and framing the prints from the wedding that I photographed this summer.  I've been doing some general cleanup and organization in my office and in my darkroom.  I've processed a bunch of film and scanned some of the negatives.  I reloaded a pile of empty film holders that I had laying around.  I finished up some drawings of the cottage that we're going to build next year and submitted my Development Permit application.  I went in the office and worked on Tuesday.  I would be playing hockey too, but our games this week got cancelled due to the virus pandemic.
The weather is a little chilly right now... only about -12C.  The sky is heavy and leaden and the light flat as a pancake.  I'm looking forward to some better weather so that I can get out and do some photography.  For now I will continue with all my little projects around the house and enjoy my days.

No comments: