Wednesday, November 18, 2020

2021 Calendar

Once again I am printing a calendar for the upcoming year.  I have been doing this since 2014.  I feature some of my favorite recent photographs on these calendars.  I give them away to friends, neighbors and family at Christmas time.  I always try to use images that are no more than three or four years old.  I never have a lot of really current ones to choose from as I am usually behind in processing my film.  I recently outlined this in a blog post with the title "Backlog".  The image selection is somewhat challenging as I alternate from year to year between landscape and portrait format.  I also try to select images that suit the time of year for each month.  This year it cost me over four hundred dollars to get a batch printed but its worth it, as they are usually quite well received.  Every year I seem to get more and more requests and the quantity ends up increasing.  This is the cover of the calendar.  The image is of a plunge pool at the edge of Englishman River Falls on Vancouver Island.  I took this shot on my trip out to the Island in October of 2019.  Over the coming weeks I will post the images that I ended up using for the twelve months of 2021.



No comments: