Saturday, November 7, 2020

Heat Wave

Shortly after writing about the winter like weather that we experienced, we were subjected to a heatwave.  This was right around Halloween.  There were a few high temperature records broken around the province but for the most part we just approached the records.  It got up to +19C at Rocky Mountain House when I made by way back home at the beginning of November.  Down in southern Alberta, including the Drumheller area, it got up to as high as +23C.  In the Edmonton area it didn't get quite that warm and I think it topped out around 16 or 17 degrees for a couple of days.  I was still out at the cottage with Hailey on Halloween but Margarit and the girls said we had record numbers of trick-or-treaters at our house, despite all the Covid precautions.  I think the official count was something like 58 kids.
I took advantage of the mild weather and went out with my cameras a couple of times.  I will write separate blog posts about those trips.  
In the end the mild weather was shortlived.  By Friday November 6th it cooled down to near normal temperatures.  On Saturday November 7th we woke up to snow.  It snowed heavily through the day and the temperature dropped down to -4C on Saturday afternoon.



No comments: