Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Totem Pole

I took this shot back in July when Hailey and I spent a few days together out at the cottage.  It was taken with my 4" x 5" view camera and a 300mm lens, on Bergger Panchro 400 film.  I recently processed a couple of batches of this film in Ilford Perceptol developer.  I like the film, and the combination of it and this developer.  I seem to be having some issues with a bluish purple stain when I use this developer.  The stain seems to be around the perimeter of the sheet, on the emulsion side of the film.  Very strange indeed...  I thought maybe it was related to contamination of some sort, so I washed out all of my tanks and equipment and started with fresh chemistry.  The stain still seems to be there, though I don't recall getting it when I use other developers.  I hope that the stain is minor enough that I can print through it and it won't show up and spoil any prints.  It doesn't seem to be visible in the scans.
This was taken in Clearwater County, just outside of Banff National Park, along the David Thompson Highway.  This is the aftermath of the Spreading Creek Burn that swept through the area several years ago.



No comments: