Friday, March 8, 2024

Royston Sunrise

This scan is of another one of the Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 negatives that I developed on February 20th.  This batch of 4" x 5" sheet film was processed in PMK Developer on my Jobo processor.  Normal Development was for 9:35 minutes at 20C.  I thought the staining effect of this pyro based developer would nicely hold the highlight detail in the rising sun.
This was the first set up that I did with my Ebony view camera on the Vancouver Island trip last fall.  I headed out to the Island with my friends Arturo and Chris.  Mostly we were trying to shoot subject matter for our Apparitions project, but is was generally just a trip to photograph any subject matter we could find.  I suppose this shot of the old log dump in Royston, with that section of old rail fence, could qualify for the Apparitions project.
I shot with with a wide 90mm lens and no filter.  It was taken on October 21st 2023 at about 9:00 in the morning.  The exposure was F25.0 and 1/8 second.



No comments: