Saturday, August 5, 2023

Paradise

After I made my stop at the dump, and headed north on the Forestry Trunk Road, it occurred to me how lucky I am.  I was able to retire at the relatively young age of 58, and am financially independent enough that I will not have to return to work.  We need to be careful with our spending and manage our money properly, but we can remain retired and enjoy the time we have left.  We are also very fortunate in that we have a wonderful second home in Nordegg, and can enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle and the crowds and the crime associated with the big cities.  We even have the added benefit of a place in the badlands at East Coulee where we can keep our trailer.   So life is pretty good....!
After wandering about for three hours in the afternoon making photographs I came back to the cottage.  As I was sitting in the bay window, while my dinner was cooking, a white tail deer came up to eat the spilled sunflower seeds below our birdfeeder.  I had the window open and was talking to her and she remained very calm.  I managed to take a phone snapshot of her, and she was only about 6 or 8 feet away.
Later I went out for a little stroll at twilight and enjoyed the sunset light on the clouds, and the view of the distant Bighorn Range.  Hopefully next time I come out Margarit and the girls will be able to join me...!





No comments: