Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Beer Parlor Project 4.1

In late July Margarit and I met up with Chris and Connie, in Big Valley.  This was for another edition of the Beer Parlour Project.  This was a return visit to Big Valley, and followed up on one from earlier this year.  Our first visit was the fourth location of the project, so it became known as BP4.0.  This return visit therefore becomes BP4.1.
There was a street festival going on in Big Valley, and therefore the old hotel was relatively quiet.  Mostly I wanted the return visit so I would have an opportunity to reshoot the Outlaws.  I had messed up the exposure on my first attempt.  This time around, I shot them outside, at the Outlaw Saloon.
This image was take on July 22nd 2023 at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  I shot it with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a longish 240mm lens.  The film was Ilford HP5 and it was processed in the recent batch that saw development in 510 Pyro.  The exposure was F20.0 and a shutter speed of 1/60th second.
After I took the first two shots I realized that the big guy, Colton, was partially obscured by the wood column.  I got him to move over a little, and then took a couple of extra shots.  But those were on a different film, that I have not yet processed.


No comments: