Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Card Game

This is another shot from the recent batch of Ilford HP5 processed in 510 Pyro developer.  This was taken when Arturo and I were out on a day trip, looking for subject matter for the Apparitions project.  We found these forgotten retro chairs and some abandoned playing cards in an old community hall.
I shot this image on June 26th 2023 at about 2:20 in the afternoon.  It wast taken with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Nikkor 150mm lens with no filter.  The exposure was F29.0 and a shutter speed of 1 second, with the film rated at 320 iso.  I was a little surprised at how much the shadow values in the background fell off.....


This is a duplicate image that I took immediately after the first one.  The second image was taken on the now discontinued Efke PL25, rated at 12 iso.  I recently processed a batch that included this image.  Development was in Rodinal 1:50 for 7:00 minutes at 24C.  This one seems to have held the shadow values a little better, even though that may not be evident in these scans......





No comments: