Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Back to the Fairways

On Sunday August 20th I had a leisurely breakfast in the morning.  I saw our resident Red Fox zip through the yard as I was having coffee.  I got to work in the guest cottage at about 10:30.  I put down a bunch more floor tiles, and then decided that I needed to let the glue dry before I add any more.  The tiles are a little slimy and can move around with pressure until the glue sets up.  I have the peel and stick self adhesive tiles, but I don't really trust that glue given our marginal heat in winter.  So I am also adding some flooring adhesive as I set the tiles.  This is a little messy, but I think it will provide a better result.
After that I set to work splitting a bunch more firewood.  I did something around eight wheelbarrow loads and got most of another row added to the woodpile by the firepit.
I booked a tee time at the golf course for 4:30 and headed over.  I hadn't played golf since the end of July, when Shawn was out with me.  That time I shot my worst score ever on the Nordegg course.  I can't even remember how bad it was, but 50 something.  Prior to that my score had been improving by a stroke or two every round.  This time around I didn't know what to expect....  I hadn't played for nearly three weeks, and was still recovering from the shoulder injury I sustained in the semi final hockey playoff.  I took it easy on the shoulder and just tried to make good contact, and shoot as straight as I could.  I used a Callaway SuperSoft Ball and it seems to be good luck.  For the first time ever I didn't lose the ball, and I actually found four others during the round.  I also shot my lowest score ever.... a 41....!
Golf is such a stupid game.  It teases you with shit like this, and then the next time you play it slaps you in face and reminds you that you play like garbage.  I have to try to put that aside and just enjoy myself....!




No comments: