Monday, March 6, 2023

Apparitions at The Art Gallery of Alberta - ONE

Arturo and I entered into a contract with the Art Gallery of Alberta, for our Apparitions project.  It is with their Sales and Rental Department.  We will be providing SIX framed prints from the project.  These will be made available to the public and may be purchased or rented.  Hopefully there is some interest and some activity occurs with respect to these images.  It adds credibility to our project, and if anything sells or gets rented, the Art Gallery of Alberta will be more likely to consider exhibiting Apparitions at some point in the future.  Of course we are not ready for an exhibition just yet... but this is a good start.
I spent all day on Sunday March 5th, drymounting my prints and putting together the frames.  The prints were made back in February, and I chopped up the frame stock last time I was out at Nordegg.  On Saturday March 4th I cut all the mounts and matts.  These will be ready to deliver this coming week and I'm just waiting on Arturo to finish up his three as well.
This one is simply titled "Old Yard"  I've posted it before here on my blog, but this is the first time that I have framed a print from the negative.  I shot this in the fall of 2021.  It was taken on 4x5 large format film and cropped to panoramic proportions.  The print itself is approx. 10 x 20 and the overall frame is approx. 18" x 30".  I shot this with a longish 200mm lens on Kodak T-Max 100 film, developed in 510 Pyro.  A #8 yellow filter was used to provide a little separation in the sky, and to lighten the foreground stubble field.



No comments: