Friday, March 3, 2023

Donation

The "Rosie the Riveter" project is now complete.  It was late August of last summer when Margarit and I travelled down to southern Alberta.  Margarit was one of 13 young ladies that dressed up as "Rosie the Riveter" and posed on the World War II era Spitfire.  The photograph that I captured at that event turned out really well, so I made 15 prints from the resulting negative.  Four of those prints ended up getting framed.  One of those I gave to Margarit, and a second one to my friends Chris and Connie, who organized the whole thing.  A third one went to the charity that the shoot was done for... Knitted Knockers.  I still have the fourth one, and need to deliver it to the owner of the aircraft, that donated the use of it, for the shoot.
There were 11 more copies that ended up getting printed, dry mounted, matted and distributed.  I suggested that everyone that got a copy send me a small donation and I would forward the money to Knitted Knockers.
That process took a lot longer than I expected.  I had all the prints sent down to Chris and Connie late last year, but it took quite a while for them to all get distributed to all the Rosie's, and then a little longer still for all the donations to trickle in.  In the end I raised $448.69 and donated 100% to the charity.  I donated my time and materials and did not retain anything for myself.

The project was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it... as did Margarit.  I was happy to contribute my efforts to raise a little money for this worthwhile charity.

Knitted Knockers is a group that hand knits breast prostheses and distributes them free across Canada to mastectomy patients.

knittedknockersab.com








No comments: