Friday, March 17, 2023

Cabinet Building

For the first couple of days that I was out at Nordegg last week, I set to work in the guest cottage.  There was one really mild day early on, and I was able to set up my table saw outside and cut up a sheet of 1/2" MDF.  These particle board pieces will become the door panels and drawer fronts for the kitchen cabinets in the guest cottage.  
After I cut everything up, I put the table saw away and went to work inside the guest cottage.  It is getting rather crowded in there, and working is a challenge.  I have three sections of cabinet standing around, plus a temporary work table, plus an air compressor, and a chop saw, and some kitchen appliances.  Of course there are also lots of materials and supplies, and smaller hand tools.  Once some of these components get installed into proper position, it will become a little less crowded.
I used my router to round over all the edges of the door panels and drawer fronts.  Then I set to work finishing everything.  First there was a coat of primer and then paint.  I put two coats of paint on the backsides of everything, and three coats on the exposed faces.







No comments: