Monday, December 6, 2021

Tuesday

On Tuesday November 30th I continued on my project.  I got the last of the 75 boards of aspen finished with four coats of lacquer.  I also finished putting up all the boards on the second wall of the bedroom.  I have been doing the electrical connections as I go.  I wire in the receptacle, and later the switches, as I finish each individual wall.  
Around 2:00 in the afternoon my contractor Scott came over with his skid steer.  I gave him a hand and we installed the sewer line from the house out to the septic tank.  We wrapped the line with a heat trace tape, and put in the cable for the tank alarm.  Then we covered the tank and the line with rigid insulation.  Scott proceeded to use all the available dirt that we had on site from the excavation, and finished the backfill.  The tank and line are completely covered, and the foundation is mostly backfilled.
Some of the dirt was already frozen into lumps.  When it thaws next spring there will likely be some settling, and we'll need to bring in some extra fill, and some gravel.  But for now things are nicely finished up.
Just in the nick of time too...  Overnight on Tuesday it started to snow.  I was going to go home to the city on Wednesday morning, but there is a heavy snowfall warning in effect and it was coming down fairly heavily.  I decided not to risk driving the highways and will stay for an extra day or two.  There are still some aspen boards remaining to be installed, and some electrical I can putter around on.  So the time will be put to good use.  The only downside is that I will miss my hockey game on Wednesday night.










No comments: