Tuesday, December 21, 2021

2022 Calendar

While I was away in Nordegg, my 2022 Calendars arrived from the printer.  I've been printing these for several years now, and every year the quantity increases a little.  I seem to recall that this year I ordered 35 of them.  I have my usual distribution list of friends, family and neighbors that I pass them out to.  In recent years I've also been getting a few requests.  It's nice to know that my photography is appreciated, even if the print quality isn't the greatest.  They are digitally printed by a small company in Calgary, and I've learned how to set up the contrast and brightness of the file so that it prints reasonably well.  It still cost me a little over 500 bucks with taxes and shipping to print this year's batch.  This is the cover image, a shot of Tangle Falls in Jasper.  I'll share the monthly images as we go through the year.
Today is also the Winter Solstice.  So despite the fact that it is only the first day of winter, it is the shortest day of the year and from now on the days will get slightly longer.  Here in Edmonton the sun came up at 8:49AM and set at 4:16PM.  In Nordegg, being a couple of hundred kilometers further west and further south, the times were a little different.  Sunrise at 8:53AM and sunset at 4:32PM.  That is a little deceiving because it does get light around 9:00AM, but the sun doesn't actually break over Eagle Peak until a little after 10:00AM.  It makes for a pretty short day.  As much as I enjoy winter, I do look forward to the days getting a little longer.



No comments: