Tuesday, December 7, 2021

December Snow

It started snowing at some point shortly before dawn on Wednesday December 1st.  It continued all day long, and by dark it was still coming down.  There was an accumulation of about four inches by the time it started to get dark.  The forecast is calling for it to continue through the night and taper off on Thursday morning.  I delayed my return to the city as I didn't want to drive the highway in these conditions.  I'll see what the morning brings and decide when it is safe to go back home.  I have lots of food in the fridge, and lots of work to do, so being stuck out here at the cottage a little longer is not a big deal.
I got a bit of a late start this morning but eventually got a fire going next door and set to work.  All of the aspen was already lacquered from the day before so I didn't have to do any more of that.  I just set to work installing all of the boards that were left.  I got them all up by late afternoon, save for a few cutoffs that I will use in other locations.
Overnight we went from having +8C temperatures and no snow, to winter like conditions.  It is not cold and the temperature hovered right around the freezing mark all day.  But it sure looks different with all the snow around.  I know I said last time it snowed that I thought it was here to stay.  Its getting so late in the season now that this time it probably will.  But I'm not betting on it any more...




No comments: