Saturday, December 18, 2021

Mission Accomplished

It got REALLY cold overnight on Thursday December 16th.  When Jon and I got up in the morning, we needed to light a fire to get the chill out of the cottage.  Normally, when it is not too cold, I can let the fire burn out overnight, and just let the room heaters kick in.  But this time, it was a clear night and the temperature dropped to -32C.  It gradually warmed up during the day and topped out at about -10C on Friday afternoon.
With the supply of aspen paneling used up, and the west side of the ceiling done, Jon decided to head back home to the city.  He left before noon, and got back to Edmonton well before dark.
I didn't do much on Friday....  Mostly I just brought in more firewood, and did a few chores around the house.  I plugged my truck in for while, and thought I'd better start it.  I haven't left the property for eight days, and need to make sure it will start when its time to go home.  I plugged it in for two or three hours and then fired it up.  It started just fine, so I took a spin into town to pick up some beer, and then drove around for a bit.  Despite the cold, it was a beautiful, sunny winter day.  I went over to the guest cottage to get a few photos of the work that we accomplished.  Of course the battery in my digital camera was dead, but I managed to get a few phone snapshots.





No comments: