Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Stranded

If I had got my act together, and hit the road for home first thing in the morning on December 1st, it probably would have been fine.  But I slept in a little, and then procrastinated, and by then the snow was coming down very heavily.  I ended up getting stranded at the cottage, and missed out on my hockey game on Wednesday night.  It wasn't really a big deal, as I had lots of food and lots to keep me busy.
I decided I would wait out the storm and head home on Thursday instead.  The snow kind of tapered off around sunset on Wednesday and we didn't get much more after that.  But, I was told that central Alberta, east of the mountains, got hit with another batch of freezing rain.  So, I decided it was not wise to try driving home quite yet, and stayed for another day.
I didn't accomplish much on Thursday....   I puttered around in the morning trying to repair my tripod head that had been acting up.  I think I got it more or less fixed, but probably need to replace a spring.  After that I gave my neighbor Dan a hand.  He is in the process of installing some siding on his cottage and needed a hand to start the first row and get it straight.  After that I put out some oats for the deer.  Now that hunting season is over, and it is snowy and more of a challenge for them to find food, I don't mind feeding them a little.  One of the big bucks came by just around sunset and hopefully the other two also survived hunting season.  
I made a beer run to town as I had run out a couple of days ago.  Everything was shut down during the big storm but it seems things are back to normal now.  I put in a little time in the guest cottage during the afternoon and finished up a little electrical work.  The paneling is all on now, and until I bring out some more, there is nothing more that I can do with this finishing work.  I'll check the road reports in the morning and if the highways are in OK condition, I'll lock things up and head back to the city for bit.







No comments: