Friday, December 3, 2021

I don't like Mondays

Actually I do... now...!  I used to hate Monday's because it meant the end of my weekend and a return to work.  But now that I'm retired, every day is like a Saturday...!  I actually like Monday's a lot because most of the world goes to work or to school and it's quieter wherever I go... particularly Nordegg.  I was just referencing the old song by the Boomtown Rats, as I thought it was a fitting title for this post.
There is hardly anyone else around the subdivision in Nordegg on this Monday November 29th.  Even the trades are not really working on the other cottages.  Maybe its because its Cyber Monday, and the hangover of Black Friday is still lingering...?
I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't sleep any longer.  I laid in bed for a while then got up around 6:30.  It was clear overnight and the temperature dropped to -5C by morning.  I went over to the guest cottage to light the fire and it was still +5 inside from the fire the night before.  I carried on with finishing of my aspen paneling.  Some of the wood is just gorgeous.  Most of it is very white in color, which is why I selected aspen.  The guest cottage is small, with not a lot of windows, so I didn't want it to be too dark and gloomy.  The heartwood and the knots are a beautiful reddish color and some of the wood shows a beautiful ribbon like grain.  I will attempt to install some of the nicest pieces in prominent locations so that it is highly visible.  I got most of the lacquer application done by mid-morning, and then shifted to another project.
I installed an extra security camera on the system in our cottage.  Rather than put a separate system in the guest cottage, I just added a camera so we can view the other building with our exiting system.  I'm not very good with electronics and always seem to have trouble with it.  But, I got everything working without issue.  I may still have to go and align the camera a little better, but for now it is just fine.







No comments: