Saturday, August 7, 2021

Framing Complete

Framing of the guest cottage is now complete.  The framing crew wrapped up the last few odds and ends on Thursday August 5th.  Pretty soon the contractor will be complete with the exterior and the rest of the build will become my responsibility.  We are still waiting for windows and a door to become available.  Once those are in then the siding, soffit and fascia can be installed.  I understand that the metal roof panels will be available soon.  Right now there this just a membrane on the roof but it can be completed once the metal arrives.
I'm starting to get geared up for some of the interior stuff.  I have 1x6 tongue and groove aspen paneling on order that will be ready in October.  I had my mechanical contractor stop by and review the construction.  He will look after all the plumbing and heating for me.  I need to line someone up to help me with the electrical rough in.  Once that is completed, then the walls and ceiling can be insulated.
Things are coming along nicely, and to be honest, a little quicker than I expected.









No comments: