Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Snipe Hills

Another Watercolor Painting.  This time of an old abandoned Community Hall up in an area called the Snipe Hills.  This was probably once a school house, like many of the old Community Halls once were.  Once again I based this one on one of my photographs.  I can't remember exactly when I took this photograph, but I remember it was on a cold winter day.  I seem to recall that it was at the end of 2015, but I'm not certain of this.
For this painting I used some masking fluid to retain the white of the paper in the roof top snow, some of the foreground snow, and in the muntin bars of the window.  This is a rubber latex material that is rubbed off with an eraser, once you have painted around it.  I'm quite happy with the way that this one turned out.








1 comment:

Off the Beaten Path with Chris & Connie said...

It might look good on our wall...just thinking out loud here...