Tuesday, August 10, 2021

A Day of Chores

On Saturday August 7th I slept in a little.  I stayed up way to late the night before, visiting with the neighbors, around the campfire.
Saturday would be my day of chores.  I started by putting away and locking up my utility trailer, that I had used in recent weeks to haul the ATV, and the water tank.  Then I took all the scaffold components that I had stored behind my garage and carried them over to the guest cottage.  I set up two sections in the cottage, which will make it easier to access the high ceiling for wiring, insulation, vapor barrier, plumbing vent, and chimney.
Then I worked on Anna's bunk for a little.  The only thing remaining to be done was to mount the folding desk top and the supports to one of the end panels.  I finished up the lacquering earlier in the week while Anna was still out at the cottage.  She and Margarit and Raquel all went home to the city on Friday afternoon.  All of the components for her bunk are now finished.  Some of them got hauled to the city last time I went home, and I will take a few more when I return to the city in a couple of days.  We just have to get everything home, buy a mattress and then put it all together.
After that was done I decided to wash all the windows.  A year ago I bought a window cleaning mop and a squeegee with a 16 foot long telescopic handle.  I never got around to the windows last fall or this spring and decided that today was the day.  I mixed up a bucket of hot water and ammonia and washed all the outside windows on both levels.  Then I washed the inside glass.  The inside was even dirtier than the outside due to the smoke that escapes from our wood stove.
With that all done I can now relax for a few days before I head back home to the city.  I took a walk around the subdivision in the evening, and then settled down early.
My Renegades Hockey Team won the semi-final playoff game last week against the Punishers.  I wasn't able to attend the game as I was out at the cottage with the girls.  I will be returning to the city to play in the championship game next week.





No comments: