Monday, August 23, 2021

20th Watercolor

I started on this, my twentieth watercolor painting, back around August 10th.  This was just before Arturo and Sharon came to visit out at Nordegg.  When I went back to the city on August 12th, I left all my watercolor supplies out at the cottage.  It seems I only have time to paint when I am out in the mountains, so I decided to stop hauling all the stuff back and forth.
This is just a small painting... image size 4-3/4" x 9-1/2", on 6" x 12" paper.  I took the photograph of this old house on one of the spring daytrips that I went on with Arturo, Court and Fred.    We stopped and photographed this majestic old house when we were on our way down to the Paintearth badlands.  I shot it on 4" x 5" sheet film, but cropped it to fit the panoramic proportions of the paper I was working with.
When I got back out to the cottage on August 20th I went back to work on the painting and finished it up on Sunday.
I used some masking fluid on this one so that I could retain a sharp edge between the sky and the building.  I also used some to retain the highlights within some of the window openings.
I'm generally pleased with the way that this one turned out.  I suppose one of these days I should start to do something with all of these painting that I'm creating.  They are beginning to get to the point that I would consider hanging a couple of them.













No comments: