Saturday, September 2, 2023

More of the Same

On Saturday August 26th the day dawned clear and sunny.  The girls slept in a bit, but I was up at first light.  I had a shower, took Hank outside for a walk, and then put the coffee on.  Eventually the girls got up and joined me.
I went to work over the in guest cottage for a while.  I filled some of the screw holes and subfloor joints in front of the west bedroom.  Then I cut the remaining tiles for the bathroom, and glued them down.  About this time, Margarit and Helena decided to head home to the city.  They took Hank with them, and left a little after noon.
I continued working through the afternoon, and it actually got really warm.... peaking at about 27C.  I split eight more wheelbarrow loads of firewood, and stacked them on the pile down by the firepit.  This is the big pile that we burnt last winter, and it needs to be replenished.  Shawn started to replenish it when he was out with me a few weeks back, and during my most recent visit, I have continued.  I've got most of that woodpile filled back up now.  The big pile of logs behind the cottage, that has been there since we cleared the building site, about seven years ago, is now finally becoming depleted.
I will have to start a new pile of firewood with the last of it.  There is no shortage of wood for the next few years at least.  I have a bunch of cut logs over by the guest cottage that still need to be split and stacked.  And there is lots of deadfall and standing dead stuff that needs to be cut up.
Margarit decided that she will just drop Helena off at home in the city, and then come back out.  We will spend the next few days together at the cottage, and the girls will stay back home in the city.  While I'm waiting for her to return I've started doing dishes, and getting some food ready for a late dinner.






No comments: