Friday, September 22, 2023

Abandoned Property

A friend of mine invited me to photograph and document a project.  Initially this involves an abandoned property.  I am not really at liberty to say where it is, or who owns it.  At some point in the future I hope to be able to be more open about it.
At this point in time it is the challenge of this project fascinates me.  I think it could become another long term project that I could spend several years documenting.  I'm not sure at this point exactly where it will go or what it will become.
My first visit to the location resulted in a number of photographs of things that were left behind.  This is much like the Apparitions Project that I am involved in.  But, this particular project has a significant human element to it, and involves a lot more of the present, than the past.  It is highly likely that it will include some portraits, both environmental and formal.
For now, here are some snapshots of some of the things that I recently explored.  As the project evolves and I gain the trust of those involved I hope to be able to share more details.












No comments: