Thursday, September 14, 2023

Shunda Creek

Yet another image from the recent batch of Efke PL25M 4x5 sheet film developed in Rodinal.  This one is actually quite recent.  I shot this earlier this spring when Margarit's sister and cousin were visiting with us at Nordegg.  We went for a walk down to the cascades on Shunda Creek.
I rate this slow speed film at an iso speed of 10 or 12.  This provides long shutter speeds, even in broad daylight.  I wanted a long exposure for this shot to blur the cascades on the creek.
I shot this on May 25th 2023 at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Schneider 210mm lens.  I added a polarizing filter to remove the surface reflections from the water and this had the added benefit of reducing light intensity and lengthening the exposure.  Th exposure was 16 seconds at F20.0



No comments: