Saturday, April 1, 2023

Gravel Bar

That recent batch of Ilford HP5+ 4" x 5" sheet film, that I processed in 510 Pyro Developer, yielded some really strong images, including this one.
That was taken on October 22nd of 2022 while I was out on the Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper National Park, with the Monochrome Guild.
I was drawn to the way that this small willow shrub, highlighted by the late fall sun, really stood out against the dark evergreen forest in the background.  I played that up by shooting it with a #29 deep red filter, which punched up the contrast in the foreground rocks, raised the value of the remaining leaves on the willow, and let the background forest fall off to near black.
This was taken with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a long 400mm telephoto lens.









No comments: