Thursday, April 13, 2023

Rocks and Sand

Yet another image from the recent batch of Ilford HP5+ 4" x 5" film developed in 510 Pyro Developer.  This one was taken on October 21st 2022, at Jasper Lake.  I shot this just minutes after I took my previously posted Jasper Lake Image.  This one was taken facing in the opposite direction of the previous image.  This view to the east shows Roche Miette in the background, and the smoke from the nearby forest fire is not quite as dense.
I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a wide 90mm lens.  No filter was used., but perhaps one should have been to increase separation in the sky.


This second image is another version of the same shot, taken moments later.  For this second one I used Ilford FP4+ film, and processed in Kodak HC-110 Developer, Dilution B.  I gave increased development to raise the contrast.  There are certainly subtle differences between the two, but the telling of the tale is to print the negatives in the darkroom and see which yields a better print.





No comments: