Thursday, January 23, 2020

Saunders Large Format

Back in the fall I wrote a blog post about an afternoon that I spent out at Saunders.  That post is back on October 7th 2019, for anyone that cares to scroll back and check it out.  While I wandered around and took those snapshots with my digital camera, I also did some shooting with my large format view camera.  Recently I processed a batch of Bergger Panchro 400 film that included a couple of shots from that day.  Here are the scans of those two images....    The first is a shot of "The Gap".  This is where the North Saskatchewan River breaches the Brazeau Range and spills out into the foothills.  Perhaps a little more impressive in color as those aspens were all ablaze.  But I like the tonality of this black and white image as well.  The second is a shot of the Saunders Baby Cemetery.  Rather an odd place as it is not only babies that are buried there.  And, there is a rather large plot fenced off, but only a handful of graves.  Seems as though they were expecting more residents...?



No comments: