Saturday, January 4, 2020

April Calendar Image

This is the image I chose for the April page of my 2020 calendar.  It is a shot of the sand dunes out by Jasper Lake in Jasper National Park.  Roche Miette is visible in the background.  This one was taken in the fall of 2016 when the gang from the Monochrome Guild headed out for our annual Fall Photo Weekend.  This one was taken with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Fujinon-W 125mm lens.  I actually have two Ebony SV45 view cameras.... One is the TE version that I purchased new in 2012.  The other is a used TU version that I purchased in 2016.  When I learned that the owner of Ebony in Japan was retiring and shutting down, I attempted to order a new Ebony TU camera.  The difference between the two is that the TU has Asymmetrical rear movements.  This doesn't mean much to the layman, but for those that understand large format camera movements... this is a little more convenient in practice.  But... by the time I got around to trying to order one, it was too late as the company was no longer accepting orders.  I did manage to find a used one in reasonable condition on Ebay, and purchased it.  But, I paid more than the new price to get it... which was the norm once the closure of the company had been announced.  Very happy with the camera but wishful that I had been able to order a new one before it was too late....



No comments: