Sunday, January 5, 2020

Holiday Schedule

As expected, my holiday time over the Christmas break was very limited.  The shop shut down and the staff went home for Christmas on December 20th.  I worked the weekend of December 21 and 22, as well as December 23 and Christmas Eve.  I took Christmas Day off, but returned to work on Boxing Day as well as December 27 and 28. 
The girls and I headed out to Nordegg from December 29 to January 2.  Anna and Hailey came home with me on January 2 but Margarit and Helena stayed out at the cottage a little longer.  They actually ended up staying out there until January 4th.  I returned to work on January 3 and will continue to work every day until at least January 10.  I am in the process of wrapping up all the financial information needed for the sale of the company to take place on January 6.  Then I will start in my new role as an employee of the new ownership group.
The 4-1/2 days out at the cottage were fantastic, but it just didn't feel like much of a break. And before and after that I worked weekdays and weekends and kind of lost track of time.  All worth it to see my ownership come to an end, and my retirement now on a fixed schedule.  A year from now once I have fulfilled my employment commitments to the new ownership group, it will fell a lot more like a holiday.

No comments: