Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy New Year

The girls and I spent 4-1/2 Days out at the cottage in Nordegg.  It was fantastic...!!  We headed out from the city on the afternoon of the 29th of December and got unpacked and set up at the cottage.  I spent most of the 30th... with Margarit's help... putting together the bunkbed that I built for the girls.  Then on New Year's Eve... once again with the help of Margarit, and the girls, we put the last section of kitchen cupboard into place.  I thought I had the right plumbing fittings, but I did not, so I was unable to hook up the drain to the kitchen sink.  We continue to use a bucket for the time being.
In the late afternoon we headed into town.  The bonfire in town was lit at about 2:00 in the afternoon and then the shinny game got started on the rink at about 4:00.  I showed up at around 4:30 and joined in the hockey game, while the girls went tobogganing on the nearby hill.  At about 5:30 we joined the potluck dinner, and then hung around for the big fireworks show at 7:00.
Later we headed back up to the cottage and watched a DVD for a while.  At midnight we popped the cork on a bottle of champagne and welcomed the new year and the new decade.
To all my friends and family, and those that follow my blog...  all the best in 2020.  May the upcoming year and the next decade find everyone healthy and happy.  I look forward to the transition into retirement and a lot more time for myself.



No comments: