Thursday, October 20, 2016

Last of the Good Ones...

I think this is the last of the really strong images from Mt. Assinboine.  I have more, but they are not compositionally as strong.  I will post a batch of the out takes in the coming days, once I finish scanning them all.  They are OK, and provide a little bit of a feel of the place, but are not exhibition quality images.
This one was once again taken on September 16th during the hike up to Wonder Pass.  This was by far the most productive day of the trip.  This image was taken near the end of the hike, as we were on our way back down to our cabin.  It was at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I noticed these grasses in a flooded meadow beside Gog Creek, with Nub Peak visible in the background.  I used my Schneider Super Symmar XL 110mm lens to capture this scene.  This is a moderately wide lens for large format, and roughly equivalent to a 35mm lens used with small format roll film or with full frame digital SLR.  I added a #25 Red Filter to increase contrast and create some drama in the sky, and separation of the clouds.  Exposure was at F22.0 and a shutter speed of 1/4 second.  Development was in 510 Pyro.  I'm really pleased with this composition and think it is among the best images of the trip.


No comments: