Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Gog Lake... and a couple more good ones...

Seems that many of my best shots from the Assiniboine trip were taken on September 16th.  This day the skies were clear and the light spectacular.  Margarit and I set out on our own and hiked up along Gog Creek to Wonder Pass.  We were on our own as the others had set off in other directions.  It was a spectacular day that I will long remember.  This particular shot is of Gog Lake, at the outlet, where Gog Creek continues on its journey down to Magag Lake.  Shot through some shoreline larches, just beginning to turn color, with a backdrop of Naiset Peak to the right, and The Towers to the left.  This one was on Kodak T-Max 100 and was shot with my 110mm lens.  I used a #8 Yellow filter to lighten up the fall larches, and to create a little separation in the sky. I have one or two more strong images from this trip, which I will be posting in the coming days.  I'm quite pleased that this trip yielded about a half dozen really strong images, worthy of exhibition quality prints.  I will continue with processing the last of my negatives, all of which a duplicates of the ones I have already processed and posted.  I thought this would be a once in a lifetime experience and something that I could check off my bucket list.  Now I'm thinking I want to return at some point in the future, and build on that experience.  If anyone reading this has the opportunity to experience Mt. Assiniboine... I encourage you to do it...!!


No comments: