Friday, February 6, 2015

Winter Blues

I find this time of year particularly challenging.  These cold winter days, with limited daylight are a struggle to say the least.  I really have no desire to retire and sit on the beach somewhere, but at the same time, being stuck here in the Great White North in February has limited appeal.  We just went through a mild spell and I didn't take advantage and get outside as much as I should have.  Now we are into a cold snap, and I can't get outside.  It is only about -17C today, but with the elevated humidity levels and a bit of a breeze it feels like -26C.  Yesterday I had to go out to a jobsite to look at some problematic skylights that need replacement.  My winter hat and my warm gloves were in the back seat of my truck... which was in the shop for service.  So when I was up on that open roof with the northwest wind sweeping in on me, it was very cold.  I could feel my ears and my fingers beginning to solidify, and in very short order I needed to get back inside and warm up.  The winter months provide ample opportunity for me to get into the darkroom, and to catch up on some submission projects, as well as various other chores and obligations...  But by this time of year I have had enough, and I'm beginning to look forward to getting back outside again.  Bring on global warming... I can't wait for SPRING!!!!

No comments: