Sunday, February 22, 2015

In Focus YEG - Exposure Photography Festival 2015



The In FocusYEG Exhibition took place this weekend.  The exhibition opened on Saturday morning, with the main event being the curators talk and opening party on Saturday night.  It continued through the afternoon today.  Many thanks to curator Alexis Marie Chute and her husband Aaron for all their hard work organizing this.  I have put together several exhibitions in the past, and understand full well how much work it is.  I dropped off my finished print last week.  I headed down to the gallery on Saturday afternoon to help out as much as I could.  It was a great show, with 30 local photographers represented...


Margarit and the girls stopped by later in the evening, as did a lot of other friends.  By my count there were about 150 people that went through the gallery during the time that I was there... Saturday from about 4:00 in the afternoon until about 8:00 in the evening.  People were still coming and going when I left.  I understand that a second wave of about 25 people came through later in the evening.  Through the day on Sunday I'm told that at least 30 more people came through.  So... by an unofficial count... there were over 200 people.  Here are a few snapshots of the festivities that I took during the evening on Saturday.






I returned to the gallery on Sunday afternoon to pick up my print.  I stayed for a while... together with a handful of others, to help Alexis and Aaron clean up.  Turns out we needed to spot fill the nail holes in the walls and do some touch up painting, in addition to the usual take down and clean up.  Having a bunch of extra hands to help out makes it a lot quicker and easier to deal with.  
I really look forward to this event next year.  I understand that Alexis will be curating another show next year, in a larger space, and next time it will run for a full month, rather than just one weekend.  Sure hope to be a part of that one...!

No comments: