Monday, February 16, 2015

Winter Hockey - Game 24

The Renegades played a hockey game on Sunday morning at 8:45AM.  We faced off against Los Banditos, the team that is just 2 points behind us in the standings, for the last playoff spot, with a game in hand.  The night before I got a message from my goalie informing me that he was in the hospital passing kidney stones, and could not play.  It was a mad scramble of phone calls, e-mails and messages in an attempt to find a backup.  Finally one of the guys put me in touch with Trevor, a guy that used to play with our team several years ago.  He usually plays as a forward, but has his own goalie equipment and plays in net from time to time.  It has been a while since he played, but he stepped in and bailed us out.  Trevor played a solid game and despite being outshot 40 to 29, we won the game by a 7-5 score.  It started out well as on my first shift I set up the first goal with a pass up the wall to our left wing.  We scored a second time on that first shift and were up with an early 2-0 lead.  We never fell behind during the rest of the game and just kept building on that total.  Six games remain in the regular season as we make a push for the playoffs.
I have already registered our team for the Summer Season, which starts at the beginning of May, and started filling my roster and collecting league fees.  Nearly $5000 for the team to play the 15 game Summer Season that runs from May to July.

No comments: