Saturday, February 14, 2015

February Day Trip

I went out for a drive today with my cameras...  I didn't have any great expectations... mostly it was just a chance to get ourdoors and go for a drive.  Last night there was freezing rain here in the city.  When I woke up this morning it was obvious that the temperature had dropped and it had turned to snow over night.  There was about 4 inches of loose fluffy snow when I woke up this morning.  I didn't head out right away, as I waited till around lunch time for the temperature to rise. 
I headed out to the northeast of the city... my usual direction.  Much to the dismay of some of my fellow photographers, it was my intention to continue testing some of the film and developer combinations that I have been experimenting with.  The day was spent driving around on snowy roads, with a couple of opportunities to take some photographs.  I don't think I captured anything spectacular, but I did shoot three different setups with my big camera.  I shot mutliple sheets at these three setups which will allow me to experiment with some of the different developers that I am working with, and establish which is best for the various lighting situations that I tend to encounter.  In my opinion it is best to experiment with this under controlled conditions, and with subject matter that is not overly important.  This way, once I gain some experience, I will be in a better position to make deicions as to my choice of film and developer, when I do eventually encounter some subject that is really important to me, and that I want to be able to capture and print to the best of my ability.  Here are a few snapshots that I took during the course of the day today....








No comments: