Monday, February 16, 2015

Family Day Long Weekend

Its great to have an extra day off at this time of year... even if it's not quite as good as a summer long weekend.  Friday evening was just a time to relax and unwind after a busy week.  I have been surprisingly busy at the office the last little while, particularly in consideration of the time of year.  The girls had dance class on Friday evening, like usual, and like usual, Margarit took them, giving me some time to work on some of my projects.
On Saturday we woke up to a dump of about 5 inches of loose fluffy snow.  I waited till the sun came out and things warmed up a little, before heading out for a day trip.  No one was interested in coming along with me this time so I went out on a solo trip.  It was very snowy, and quite a bit colder outside of the city.  The roads were not great but I managed to bomb around for a few hours in the afternoon.  I didn't come across anything that really caught my eye, but I did manage to take a few shots with my big view camera, that I will experiment with in some of the various developers that I continue to test.
On Sunday morning I played an early hockey game.  In the afternoon my three girls each had a friend over for a play date, so the house was totally overrun with six girls.  In the evening we had a big holiday dinner, and invited my Mom to come over and help eat the big roast chicken that we made, with all the fixings.
Today, the Family Day Holiday Monday, has been a busy day of catching up on chores.  Lots of dishes and cleanup to do from the big meal yesterday.  Eventually I found my way downstairs to my darkroom where I worked on framing some prints.  This included the negative belonging to my friend Peter, that I recently printed for him.  Peter shoots with a medium format 645 and was curious whether or not his smallish negatives [1-3/4" x 2-1/4"] would stand up to being enlarged to 16" x 20".  Peter doesn't have the materials or the equipment necessary to enlarge to this size, so asked me to print this one for him.  If he is happy with the result... and I think he will be... then he will invest in the stuff needed to print this size himself in the future.


I also finished up framing a print of my own.  This is the one that will be exhibited as part of the Exposure 2015 Photo Festival.  This exhibition originated in Calgary and Canmore, and has recently expanded provice wide.  Many of the exhibits are on for the full month of February.  Unfortunately the show that I am involved in only has exhibit space available to us for one weekend.  The show is on next weekend... February 21 and 22.  I will be in attendance at the show for most of the day on Saturday the 21st.  Not sure yet about Sunday the 22nd.




No comments: