Friday, August 5, 2022

Weeping Wall - Ilford FP4 in HC-110 Developer - plus development

Here is another image from the recent batch of FP4, processed in HC-110 developer.  I expose the film at 160iso, and develop for 14:20 minutes in HC-110 dilution B.  This provides a significant boost in contrast.  I reserve this combination for subjects that are rather flat in soft light.  After years of experience with these materials I am beginning to learn when to go to this combination.
This images was taken in June of 2020 when I was out exploring in Banff National Park with my friend Rob.  We stopped beside the highway at the Weeping Wall.  The waterfalls were all flowing with significant volume as it was the peak of the mountain snow melt.  I used a long 500mm lens on my 4x5 view camera to get in tight on this one waterfall.  I liked the way the wind was blowing the spray into the air and creating the little cloud of mist.  I added a #24 Red Filter to darken the shadows and boost contrast yet further.



No comments: