Thursday, August 18, 2022

Alberta Aviation Museum

On August Wednesday August 10th Arturo and I headed over to the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton.  We need some photos of abandoned aircraft and related stuff for our Apparitions project.  Most of the stuff at the museum has been restored, and is on display in dioramas.  
The museum actually looks really good, and I hadn't been there for many years.  Back in the day when I was running my business, we did some work for the museum.  We molded all the acrylic panels for the nose cone of the Mitchell B25 Bomber [the Daisy Mae shots below].  We also did a number of small parts, and some display cases.  There is a Fleet Canuck there, that was donated by the original owner, and we did the windshield for that one too.  It was kind of neat to see this stuff and it brought back a lot of memories from my working days.  Most of the work that we did was donated to the museum without charge, though there were a few smaller items that we charged for.  There were a couple of display cases with wood bases that house scale models of aircraft.  I remember that my Dad built the wood bases, and then my company made the acrylic covers.  It was nice to see them on display and brought back memories of Dad working in his home workshop.
We spent most of the day taking photographs.  Hopefully there are a couple of detail shots, or maybe something from the not yet restored fighter jets outside, that will work for our project.  If not, it was just a fun day shooting something a little different.














No comments: