Tuesday, August 16, 2022

435

I checked, and that's how many exposed sheet of 4" x 5" sheet film that I have exposed and waiting to be processed.  This includes almost 50 sheets of color, but does not include any 8" x 10" material.  I'm heading out on a couple of photo shoots in the coming days, so no doubt this total will grow.
I save up film until I have a least 20 sheets of a given type, that requires processing in a given developer.  My development times vary from about 7:00 minutes to over 20:00 minutes, depending on the combination of film and developer.  It takes me around 1 to 2 hours to process 20 sheets and have them in the wash.  Then the washing process takes 24 hours, with around 10 water changes.  This is followed by a treating with wetting agent and a final rinse in distilled water before the negatives are hung up to dry.  With this in mind it will obviously take me quite some time to catch up on processing.....

No comments: