Monday, August 15, 2022

Blackmud Creek Ravine - Ilford HP5 in 510 Pyro

I originally took this shot with the intention of cropping it to panoramic proportions.  But now that I see the scan of the negative, I think it looks good full frame.  I shot this back in the fall of 2021... late September to be precise.  I used one of my Ebony view cameras, and a Fujinon 125mm lens.  I shot this on Ilford HP5 film.  HP5 has never been a favorite of mine.  I use it quite a bit in 8" x 10" format as it is a lot more economical than any of the Kodak alternatives.  But in 4" x 5" it has always been a second choice.  Recently I came back to it, and decided to try to refine my development a little.  I processed this one in 510 Pyro developer, and quite like the way it handled the background highlights.  I also used a #8 yellow filter to highlight some of the fall leaves.  Development was at 1:100 dilution for 7:10 minutes at 21C.



No comments: