Monday, August 8, 2022

Back to Blackstone

Hailey and I were out at Nordegg on the August long weekend.  On the holiday Monday, after the big Hail Storm, we took a drive up to the Blackstone River.  This is a favorite spot of mine and I never get tired of going there.
This time around there were clumps of Yellow Flowered Avens all over the place, that had gone to seed.  I am always fascinated by these wildflowers and tried to photograph them.  I got a bunch of snapshots with my phone, and also what I hope are a couple of decent shots with my big view camera.
We got dumped on by a heavy rain shower on our way up to the river.  The rain stopped around the time we got there and we were able to wander around for a while.  Just as we were leaving, another shower rolled through and dumped on us again.
We later learned that there were tornado watches in effect for the area.  We didn't experience any winds and other than the heavy rain showers, the weather wasn't really an issue for us.  But, I understand that the storm moved off to the southeast and some large baseball size hail hit areas south of Red Deer.  This unstable weather pattern that we find ourselves in is not much fun, and I'll be glad when things settle down.










No comments: