Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Fossil Shoot

When I was down in East Coulee in mid July I borrowed a bunch of fossils from Frank.  A week ago I set up to shoot them with my view camera.  It took over a dozen trips up and down the stairs to pack all my gear up into the kitchen.  Of course when I was done the process had to be repeated to put everything away.  There was the backdrop stand, a white paper backdrop, two light stands, two flash heads, two umbrellas, a heavy tripod, my Sinar F1 monorail camera, a couple of lenses, power cords, sync cord, flash meter, loupe, film holders, step ladder, the list goes on.  I had eleven different fossils and I took two shots of each.  
Once I get all the negatives developed I will select some of the best ones and make black and white prints.  Some will be offered for sale at "The Rock" in East Coulee.  Others will be used for various projects for Dinosaur Valley Studios.  There was a rib, a couple of vertebra, some claws and teeth, and various other fossils.  I look forward to seeing how some of these negatives turn out.




No comments: