Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Blackmud Ravine

On Sunday September 26th Annelise and I took a walk in nearby Blackmud Ravine.  It is less than a mile from our house.  The fall colors were beautiful, and the clouds burned off as we wandered down into the ravine.  Once the trail drops over the rim and you get down into the valley, its like you leave the city behind.  We wandered around for a while and Anna took some photographs with the digital camera that she got for her birthday.  I brought my 4x5 along and did a couple of setups.
We found some dead crayfish down along the creek.  I don't think these are native to this northern climate and must have been introduced into the watershed at some point.
Fall colors are difficult to capture on black and white film so I also shot a couple of color transparencies.  I have high expectations for one of the compositions and hope to share that image at some point in the future.








No comments: