Friday, September 24, 2021

Backorders

Many of the products and materials that I ordered for the construction of our guest cottage have been back ordered.  The wood panelling, wood stove, windows, and electrical supplies all have long lead times.  Unfortunately I need to do the electrical rough in before I can do any insulating or finishing.  And with those materials on back order, with long lead times, it seems my project is going to be delayed.  
The metal cladding that I had on order showed up a week ago and I was able to install that last week.  I was also able to get all of the insulation that I will need.  The wood stove is available, but not the chimney, so I can't do that rough in yet.  Many of the electrical components just showed up and I picked up what I could.  But I am still waiting for the meter base, some of the wire, and some breakers.  So I won't be able to connect anything any time soon.
The windows are supposed to arrive shortly so I'm hoping that my contractor can get them in, and then start on the siding.  That way the building will be closed in and finished on the exterior.  Then I can probably start tinkering around on some of the inside stuff as the back orders begin to arrive.

No comments: