Sunday, March 15, 2020

Still at the shop

Looking forward to being able to back off from my current work load.  Except for a couple of weekends out at Nordegg, I've been working at the shop pretty much seven days a week.  Some of that has been to finish up some personal projects that I need to get out of the shop, but the bulk of my time has been spent working on company stuff.  My Christmas break was mostly non-existent as I had to take an inventory and work on all the stuff related to the sale of the business.
I took an extended break at the Family Day long weekend but since then I've been working 11 and 12 hours days, plus cleaning up personal projects on the weekends.  I decided not to head out to our cottage this weekend of March 14 and 15 for a couple of reasons.  Partly because there is a heavy snowfall warning out in the foothills and temperatures are dropping down to around -25C.  But also because I have a playoff hockey game on Sunday.  I've been at the shop for 24 days straight since Family Day.  I know I will be in at least one day this weekend.  If I end up being there both days this weekend, and considering the upcoming work week, that will make over 30 days straight.  This is not quite what I imagined retirement to be, and I need to take steps to start backing away.

...I ended up spending Saturday the 14th at the shop and now have my medicine cabinet and upper kitchen cupboards 100% complete.  These will be packed up and taken out to Nordegg next time we go.  On Saturday evening I got word that my league is suspending the hockey playoffs, so I don't have a game to go to after all.  This Corona Virus scare is pretty serious and unlike anything I've ever experienced before.  Hopefully if we are ultra cautious now, this can be put behind us without having any lasting impact on too many people. 





No comments: