Friday, March 27, 2020

New Truck

I sold my company at the end of 2019, with the intention of retiring.  As part of the sale agreement I had to commit to remain involved for a year, and transition new management into the operation.  Under that agreement I am permitted to continue to drive one of the company trucks.  But, once my employment contract comes to an end and I retire, then I will have to return that truck to the company.  So, back in January I factory ordered a new truck for myself.  I've been looking into this for some time, as I was hoping to still be able to get a truck with a standard transmission.  Much to my dismay I discovered that none of the manufacturers offer a standard transmsision, so I was forced to order a truck with an automatic.  This will be the first automatic I have owned since the late 1980's and I know I'll miss the stick and the clutch.  Last week the new truck arrived and I went down to the dealership to pick it up.  It is a 2020 Ram 3500 with a Cummins Diesel engine.  Long box, four wheel drive, reasonably well equipped... with that dreaded automatic.  Though I still have the use of the company truck, I've found myself driving this new one more and more.  I have to say that heated seats and heated steering wheel are options that I never considered all that important... until I had them.  I still have my old 2004 Ram 2500... with a standard transmission.  This is the one that stranded my friend Brad and I down in Butte, Montana a few years back.  I can't decide if I should sell that old truck, or considering that it now has a new clutch and transmission, keep it for a junk truck to use around the cottage and down in East Coulee....?  A decision to be made in the coming weeks and months I suppose....





1 comment:

Off the Beaten Path - with Chris & Connie said...

I suspect it won't stay white and shiny for long, what with all that backroad exploring.